Frequently Asked Questions

Are there any County parks?

The County operates twenty-four parks located throughout the county. There are three manned parks which provide organized recreation. In addition, some parks are managed by volunteers, and they may offer organized softball.

Call the PRT Department at 803.642.7558 to find out the locations of parks and activities offered at each, or visit PRT's Website .

Can you help me apply for Medicare?

The Social Security Administration handles Medicare eligibility and enrollment. You can visit their website at for specific information.

See also Social Security's FAQ: When should I sign up for Medicare benefits? which explains the enrollment process.

The local Social Security Administration office is located at 151 Corporate Parkway SE in south Aiken, off Whiskey Road behind the National Guard Armory & South Aiken High School. Their phone numbers are 800.772.1213 and 803.648.2356, and they are open Monday-Friday 9am-4pm.

How do I get child support payments deductions from someone's income?

If the order is filed in Aiken County, payable through Aiken County and is enforced in Aiken County, the Custodial Parent may come into the Clerk of Court's office and sign a Notice of Intent, or the Non Custodial Parent may come into the Clerk's office and sign a Voluntary Wage Withholding request. Either of these will initiate Income Withholding.

How do I get child support?

There are three (3) ways in which you may begin a child support action.

(1) You may file an action Pro Se. There is a filing fee and service fee to be paid upon filing. The forms are available at the Clerk of Court's office.

(2) You may contact an attorney and they will file the action for you.

(3) You may file through SC Department of Social Services. You do not have to be on any type of state assistance to participate with this program. The Clerk's office has the application available in their office. You may pick one up, complete the application and mail it along with their processing fee to their address in Columbia, SC.

How do I make someone pay child support if they live in another state?

You should contact SC Department of Social Services. The Clerk's office has the applications available in their office. They will assist you to enforce an order in another state through UIFSA.

Where are Birth Certificates obtained?

Birth certificate information can be found here.

Where are Death Certificates obtained?

Death certificate information can be found here.

Where can I find out what federal, state, and Aiken County benefits and programs are available for veterans and income-eligible seniors 55+?

Where can I found out about subsidized housing for seniors?

Where do I get a handicapped parking permit?

Who do I call to find out the status of child support and/or spousal support payments?


The Clerk of Court's Office, Child Support Division. The staff in the Clerk's office does not give out payment information over the telephone. With the proper account number, the automated telephone system will provide payment information.

Who may adopt a child? (and other adoption questions)

In South Carolina, the SC Department of Social Services supervises adoptions. You can find out more about adoptions here.

You can find information on the Aiken County DSS and its local office here.

Government Center, 1930 University Pkwy | Aiken, SC 29801 Aiken County Government | © 2019